The Go-Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann
As as EOS Implementer, I strive to run my business according to the values espoused in The Go-Giver. In fact, you could base your business and life on this same Go-Giver philosophy.
The Go-Giver tells the story of Joe, an ambitious professional who can’t get ahead. After he misses his quarterly sales goal, he becomes desperate and reaches out to the Chairman, a mentor who will forever change his life. The Chairman takes Joe on a journey to discover and put in practice The Five Laws of Stratospheric Success:
- The Law of Value: Your True Worth is determined by how much you give in value rather than take in payment.
- The Law of Compensation: Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
- The Law of Influence: Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
- The Law of Authenticity: The most valuable gift you can offer is yourself.
- The Law of Receptivity: The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
Though it may seem corny or old-fashioned, I've found it to be true that you can get ahead by helping others. Like Zig Ziglar always said, "You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want."
Get a grip on your business and life with the values in this book (and for my EOS friends, you'll gain traction).
The Go-Giver is one of our favorites, and it's been called one of the most important business fables of our time. We rate it 4.8 out of 5 stars! Read it today!